Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Taming the beast


I have walked past this monster almost daily. It's teeth glaring at me at different levels...sneering...so I attempted to feed it. That was about 4 months ago...it keeps looking at me...I walk past and it's eyes follow me...from one side of my studio to the other..inviting yet defying me. Can I tame this beast? Ok so I will try once more tonight and as I slowly sit to proceed, I get distracted by yet another old friend...Norman...hhhmmm Norman and I get along much better, there is no hassle with Norm...he's what we call "Easy" maybe I should just crank on him a time or two...get some yarn and take him for a spin...crank out a sock or two or maybe some mittens...leave the beast alone. I turn away once more from the darn knitting machine...will I ever make something on that creature? I started a sweater on it, months ago but for some reason it intimidates me....I want to work it and not make any mistakes, I want to turn out beautiful handmade creations...no fuss no muss....no errors. It's how I think I should learn to play an instrument. I for some unknown reason feel that I should sit at a piano and play concertos? Flawlessly with no lessons, nothing just inner skill...or something like that!! Tomorrow I will try to tame the beast again or at least for a few more rows!!

No comments: