Monday, November 21, 2005

Day one


Today is the first real day of vacation. I didn't get out of my jammies till 2:00pm, drank a pot of fresh ground coffee and did some sewing. I did some embroidering actually and finished some Christmas presents and screwed up some too!!! I am dying right now, against my better judgement in the kitchen on the stove? It is some warp for a class in January on Painting a Warp and then later Shadow weaving with the painted warp. Fiberwood Studio is sponsoring the class. We are using Tencel for the warp and the "hand" on tencel is fantastic. I am dying the samples, one will be skeined so they can see what it should look like and the other will be woven to show the finished product. I was going to do a "Fall" palette, but decided on a turquise/blue/green/fushia palette instead...those colors are magnets to almost everyone...who doesn't love purple? Now to watch the Packers play Monday night football!!! Go Pack Go!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the heck are you embroidering? I hope it's not my present. Isn't it funny how all your rules get broken in the name of art. Who's Art? Artist are so misunderstood.

Spiderlady said...

ha!! You don't even recognize Mickey Mouse? These are my quicky presents and no you aren't getting one!!!