Saturday, November 05, 2005

Cranky Day


No that doesn't mean that I was cranky or irritable, it means that I pulled Norman (antique sock machine) out of the house and made Socks for Veterans on him all day!!! We had a great day and I would have some photos but my camera is in the back of my truck and will be there till it stops raining. Although I did have presence of mind to take the donuts in the house? If you watched TV news this morning you could have watched me, the bumbling dufuss, live, trying to promote our event!!! Look I am not claiming to be a speaker, as a matter of fact, even though my mouth is flapping 95% of the time, for some reason it fails me when there is a microphone present. Then I had to sit next to Ms. Pencil thin newswoman, her words flowed out like water in a babbling brook. She kept checking her size 0 jacket buttons, so I kept checking my white Tshirt with Veterans Day Parade logo on it, for my own self induced buttons, from breakfast. Behind me were the very supportive group of friends, you know the kind that pushed you into a situation and then stand back and giggle...!!! We collected a lot of money for the Veterans Christmas party and there was a large group of supporters. Special thanks to my peeps, Betty, Karen, Janyce, Lois and Lisa, without them this would not be happening. I can count on them to "always" be there...Thanks guys!! Now go home and rub some Ben Gay on them sore arms!!!

No comments: