Saturday, December 12, 2009

Working out

I am going to beat the New Years resolutions. I have a goal I have to meet for me personally and I need to get moving. I have all of the gear I need and that is the WII, it has awesome work out programs and I don't have to leave the house and be embarrassed by "health" clubs. I also am not good at leaving the house, the more excuses I can think of the worse that scenario gets....it's too cold, I am too tired...blah blah blah. So I am fired up, this was Wed. I don't need to start on Monday and next week, if I get the urge I darn well better move on it. I actually have the best Pilates machine and used it all the time at my other home, problem is if I set it up it takes up my whole bedroom it lays out flat and is about 6 feet long, I love it and want to use it but, I know one of my middle of the night pees will end me up in the ER with a smashed toe, broken ankle or more. So it is neatly folded up in my bedroom. I choose the WII, it has games and a personal trainer, besides my avatar looks pretty good. I take Iggy for our freezing walk so the clothing of the day is socks, pj bottoms, nightshirt, sweatshirt...I am ready to work out....They have me doing a warmup that is making me hot....off come the socks, if my feet get hot I get uuuuuuggglllyyyy. I join in again....wooohoooo I am walking at a running pace for me...I don't run and they are telling me lift those knees a little higher and now off comes the sweatshirt......whew. Back at it, now we are going to do some band training, Ok I need my shoes for this because the band is Latex and I can't touch this, we'll see how this will work. Shoes on pants off, OMG I think I pulled a back muscle, but I am doing this and they are telling me I am doing well. So here I am jumping around in my nightshirt, note to self put on a bra...running and old boobies....bra required. So here we go leg squats.....uh uh, newwwwww way, I have bad knees, so I have this numchuck neatly tucked into a leg band and a controller in my right hand. Let's go down and up, oh you need to get into the yellow zone??? I am trying did I tell you my right knee is bad???? helllllooo, Ok I can do a couple of these to strengthen my knees. 1.....2......thhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrreeeeee I can't do this anymore, where is the skip??? There is none so I figured out if you take the numchuck out of it's nice little pouch and twist it up and down, you can do beautiful squats. Ok got that one figured out!!!! So after I work out I feel good, one hour later I am taking aspirin...now why is it people work out????? I am going to do it again today....maybe.....

1 comment:

Ms. Becky said...

Jan, you make me laugh. I just joined the South Milwaukee Fitness Center; anyone 55+ the annual membership fee is so cheap. There is an indoor track. I started out really well but haven't been back in over a week...want an exercise buddy???