Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Whatever happened to Sorry, wrong number?


Does anyone teach manners anymore? Do all nine year olds have cell phones? Bring me up to speed please.... For the last few days I keep getting a call from this number....eeewwww I am so tempted to put it on the web. I don't answer it because of course I don't recognize it and I barely answer calls I recognize. So at 11:30pm Saturday evening, while I was just nuzzling into my pillow, the phone rings and in a sleepy coma, I look at the number and it's looks vaguely like the number during the day. Now I do have a message that clearly states who I am and I do say my first name, so if I were to call my friend Alice and I get a machine that answers "Hi, this is Martha?" and I didn't recognize the voice because it was a kid...I am smart enough to know I have called the wrong number. So in the morning I remember the 11:30 call and decide I need to find out who is calling me constantly. A kid answers the phone and I proceed to state that they have been calling the wrong number and I would appreciate if they would check the number they were trying to call, because they woke me up...."Is this Queen?" silence.....No and don't call this number again..Thank you. I hang up the phone turn to walk away somewhat pleased with myself for not screaming at the stupid kid for not getting the fact that I am not 9 years old and my name is Jan not Queen. Ringgggggg!!!! I look and I'll be damned if it isn't that number...Hello? I barely take a breath when a mom is screaming at me that I shouldn't holler at her nine year old daughter and I have no right to tell her not to call and it was just a wrong number...no big deal. I calmly said she called at 11:30 at night and that is a bit disturbing... her---she called a wrong number get over it!!! Calm is on a slippery slope and going fast...Lady you just pissed off the wrong Queen!!! and I hung up!! Oh I have toyed with the idea of what to do for revenge...what can I do...Shall I post the number on a shady website? Shall I make *67 calls at inappropriate times of the day and evening....the nerve of some people...So as I think of what I could do I know what I am going to do....nothing...but it sure made me feel good playing out every evil scene in my mind.
I finished one Moebius ring, it is the sample for a class...I really am addicted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the solution I found works best. You answer the phone with a "Ya", when she asks for Queen say just grunt. Set the phone down. Go about your business. After a few times of them just sitting for 15 to 30 minutes, they get the idea. The other problem is, when they dial the wrong number, they hang up and hit redial. DA!!! Clueless!!

Anonymous said...

I seem to get the same young man, or do they still call each other dude, who, when I told him he had the wrong number didn't believe me. What the hell? I didn't know phone numbers came under bad math skills. Maybe next time he calls, and he will, I'll ask him to talk dirty to me. What do you think? Will it work? Do you think his girl friend will give him a good swat for putting the move on her? Only time will tell.

Spiderlady said...

Ha! That's a good one, talk dirty to me..and when they say "how dare you?" say "you called me?" Idiots!! I understand a wrong number but don't hollar at me for it.