Monday, January 16, 2006

I Accept!!




Once again she lurks on her Blog, challenging me and others to an Olympic Knit off. I like the Olympics but only the winter ones...lucky for her!!! If you accept her challenge "Her" being the Harlot of course, you begin casting on during the opening ceremonies and have 16 days to knit what ever you choose to knit. The (Overachiever) Harlot is doing this phenomenal sweater that is from Dale of Norway...hhhmmm will she or won't she finish it. I have faith that she will, she is one helluva knitter. Me, I chose either this Magical Moebius ring made with hand spun cashmere/merino?








Or this Fair Isle hat for my mum!! So lace or fair isle...fair isle or lace? I have some time to think about it. I wonder if I have vacation during the Olympics? hhhhmmmm



Follow the link on the right for Yarn Harlot to wax up your needles and wind your yarn and do your swatch and ready, set, go!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote fair isle. Count me out. I would have trouble with a garter stitch scarf!!!!!!

Spiderlady said...

Chicken,,,come on? You can attempt to knit something? I am thinking Fair Isle to stay with the theme of things? Isn't that hat pretty, now wait till I get mine done..you do know this will require following directions. That alone for me is a challenge.

Anonymous said...

LACE you must do lace. I have to know I'm the only one that runs screaming into the night when it come to LACE!
Janyce you can do anything you want including something beyond garter and stockentte. Take the challenge you CHICKEN.

Spiderlady said...

I'm thinking you both should accept the challenge..We will discuss this more on Thursday evening...I am leaning towards the Fair Isle and then I will do the lace for grins anyway?