Sunday, January 15, 2006

Adoptive parents


Having the ability to choose your children or to select them is a special event...how special is the adoptee, to be picked by parents that have made a concious choice to add you into thier lives? Today we made a special 3 hour trip, there was no time to knit blankets or sweaters. No time to think of names or fix up rooms. It was sudden, but I'm sure you will agree not once, but twice...once you have a little sweetheart in your life ...it's hard to have an empty home. I think you will agree, agree that there are two, two very happy people here in this photo, photo. No you are not seeing double and I am not making typos. My brother and his wife have adopted two little baby Schipperkes. They are four months old and were dolls on our three hour drive home, no one got piddled on and there was no crying. Maybe that will come later and I have a feeling it won't be the puppies!!! They don't have names set in stone yet, but the girl may be Maggie and the boy Riley. Welcome home to my new niece and nephew. Welcome

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute!!!!!!!!!!! I know just how they felt. You can never replace the old dog, but the new little one or ones put a new warm spot in your heart. I am so happy for the new parents and the lucky puppies. Two little happy faces to come home to. Also, I happen to know they have an auntie that will spoil them rotten.

Anonymous said...

They sure are cute! Janyce is right you never replace the old dogs, you just add to the joy. I hope they don't gang up on Precious and make her cry. It's hard to hate a puppy. My little guy is sitting in my lap chopping on a raw hide bone as big as he is and it's no match for the little guy. He already finished one off in a month. Enjoy your new fur balls.