Friday, December 30, 2005

Fiber Fanatiks Party


Come ye Merry Fiber Fanatiks, come enjoy the time...
with gifts of wool and yarn and stuff, good thing it's not a crime.
We gather with our kindred spirit...Ok enough with the Carols..as the photos to the right will reveal we had an awful time...awful fun time that is. Once again eating and laughing and just having a good time. I do want to Thank all of the women that come from so far..it would be a loss with out all of you. Everyone exchanged gifts and this time we had poetic justice...for all of our Susan fans...a few years back at our Christmas gift exchange it was my turn to pick a gift. I approach the table full of beautifully wrapped gifts and the excitement was overwhelming me...I carefully look for the perfect gift...the cute one..that one over there behind all of the others...that's the one. With great anticipation..I pull out the tissue paper on the top of the gift bag and gently put my hand deep into the bag so not to break anything that could break and my hand automatically recoils in a panic...it was cold and wet. What the heck was it? It smelled good? I tip the bag to peak in, and lo and behold in the bottom is a felt covered bar of soap that I'm sure Susan was felting while she was driving on her way there, meanwhile talking on her cell phone and going to the Post Office and putting in her contacts, balancing her check book and painting her toenails. She is one multi tasker..... We never let Susan forget that one...well ,guess what Susan got ? the damp felted bag made by Eugenie....!!! Awww Poetic Justice!!! Those little aliens pictured above are long lost toys that my DSIL had as a child. We found them on ebay and they are Little Kiddles Kosmik Kiddles? She thinks we were weird when we were kids...she used to chew on their feet? Hhmmmmm so Cheryl is very happy to have them in her hands. Tonight they are walking all over her kitchen table and their weddings (Kozmik Kiddles) are being planned as soon as they can find suitable housing...she married into the right family? Thanks again to everyone it was a great time and now for a cup of coffee and a nap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good time was had by all. I think I should stop drinking. Oh yeah, I did years ago. I must have some sort of residual effect or something.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, a cup of coffee and a nap. Do you fall asleep with the cup of coffee in your hand and spill it on your new Christmas sweat shirt or do you drink the coffee and wonder why you can't sleep? I wonder.

Spiderlady said...

Wonder what you will...I drink coffee, spill it and still can sleep...and it was a new Tshirt...!!!! Hey I love my coffee...before 8:00pm