Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Painting rocks


Did I ever mention the seaglass project? Well I am painting rocks now...I am bored with what else I have to do. If you caught that "have" to do!! I will check previous postings before I go into the seaglass project. Actually this has not cost me anything, because I have all the paints one could need and I have rocks, they were free, so you see this isn't too expensive..yet. Well I do need a new paintbrush, a fine line brush. That will be about $30ish for a good brush, one that doesn't paint two lines at once. This is one of the rocks..I am learning what I am doing wrong...starting for one? Tonight is Michelles Christmas party and there is no snow in the forecast, very unusual for Michelles party. Each year on her party night we get snow!!! One year, I drove alone and it was the first time I was to her house and it was a blizzard. This is about an hour trip and half way there I figured it was too late to turn back. As I left the freeway to embark on country snow driving, I realized there were no lanes...also no vehicles...pretty much only me!! I was hoping the mailboxes were a good guide to the side of the roads and they were far and few between. Slowly I made my way to the highway I needed to turn on and go two driveways on the left. Ok? I think I saw one? Well did that indent in the snow count? AAhh this looks like it an old farmhouse with lights on....I did tell you I was in the country and all the houses are old farmhouses? I make my trek down the long drive going downhill all the way, only to realize I was the first person to this party. Actually I was the only one, as I took my plate of treats up to the door I looked in the window and saw a strange woman heating a baby bottle...umm Michelles has no little children and that didn't look like her...I figure they have to wonder who drove up so I knocked. A very nice young man came to the door and told me I was one driveway too soon, it was the next one on the left. I thanked him and apologized for bothering him and got into my truck with my treats and attempted to leave graciously. on ice!! Spinning the tires for a good five minutes I look to my left and here is a dark warmly dressed man, it was the young guy from the house? I think?. I opened my window and he said let me show you the back way out of here, I can't get up this here hill even with the dooly? What the heck is a dooly? I thought? (dual rear tired truck) so I let him ride shotgun and around the back of the barn we head away from the road I am so yearning to be on....eww was I too trusting to let some strange guy in my truck, in a snowstorm to "help" me get out of his yard? Have I watched too much TV? Was he going to steal my treats, rape and pillage? (he'd be sorry) Cut me into little pieces and throw me in the loft? My life was passing before me as I figured how I would throw the rock hard frozen rice crispee treats at him to ward him off. We made a turn to go around the barn and then towards the road, turns out we were on gravel so there was more traction. I let the kind young man out on the road and back into his warm dry house he ventured and me on my way to the next driveway. He was just a kind country boy helping this foolish city girl out. I did make it to the right driveway and stayed till they plowed the roads, something they don't do as well and fast in the city!!! A good time was had by all....I'm off to the party tonight again

No comments: