Saturday, December 10, 2005

Dead in the snowbank

You know how I said it was snowing beautiful and white and how lovely it looked. Well Friday after work I was going to fire up the snowchief and plow the drive. So I left the truck parked on the road, let the dog out and put on a hood, took off my glasses and comenced to start the snow blower...it started alright but wouldn't keep running...hhhhmmm choked it a little more, a little less. Now to back up some I started this snow blower twice this year earlier...in Summer and once again in Fall. that little puppy, started up and ran like a fine tuned engine. I plowed the last snow and it ran fine...now what possesses a motor to quit for no reason? So my Saturday job is to overhaul the snowblower....Out comes the tools, but first I tried to start it once more for grins and I even shook it a little for good luck. No luck. I started taking the housing off and now it looks like some sort of vehicle from Mad Max. I should let you know I am doing this outside because I can't see very well in my garage..not that I can walk in my garage but it's kind of dim. So now I am kneeling down in the snow fiddling with the carburater and it begins to snow..how ironic. I am not to be beat...! I pull my hood tighter around my face, because I can't find a hat to wear...you heard me right, no hat!!! Now I have an exposed carburater hole and the little float and pin fall out into the snow with the gasket...such luck I recover it all and now I can't see because it is blowing snow and the sun is gone. I have had it....I will throw all the parts into a box and bring it over to my brothers garage. He is up north fishing but he won't mind me working on it in there. So I tip the snowblower on it's wheels and gas comes gushing out of the exposed hole, I quickly tip it back....how am I going to get it into my truck to work on it? So now it is sitting in the garage, handle staight up in the air and a gaping hole in it's side. It stopped snowing..(as I breathe a sigh of relief) So now when I drive into my driveway I just have to 4 wheel over the hump at the beginning where the plows left ice burgs of snow from all the streets around the city!!! HHHhmmmm and tell me why it's so fun owning a home!!!!

No comments: