Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas



I am home and relaxing with a cup of coffee and it's time to blog. We exchanged a few gifts some home made some bought. We made a rule quite a few years back..we don't exchange gifts, it has taken the stress totally out of Christmas. Besides the fact that we all pretty much buy what we want for ourselves when we want it. So none of us really need anything. We all seem to have "enough". I did make my sister who's birthday is New Years Eve a pair of socks. None of us have room for more junk and not to sound ungrateful but gifts that were bought just for the sake of giving something...We instead will buy something for each other, when we see something that would be totally delightful ...no matter what time of year. For no reason vs. a have to buy!!! I am off of work this week and am looking forward to getting together with some old friends. Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a stress-less Christmas also.My mother-in-law put a ten dollar limit on gifts. I stuck to it which made things inexpensive but actually harder to find things. I just couldn't give everyone another pair of socks. Anyway, good food, I didn't cook, and some good laughs. As far as my family, gifts if you want to and 2 of my sisters do a family picture calendar every year. It is a nice gift but Susie puts the pressure on during the year for new pictures. Maybe when I invest in a digital camera I'll get better at taking more photos. Merry Christmas all.

Spiderlady said...

Glad to hear you had a good time!!! Next Christmas I am suggesting we cut the formal ham thing and do chili. Home made warm bread and chili...yes!!! See you Thursday.

Anonymous said...

LOOKS LIKE MOM AND MIKEY HAD A REALLY REALLY GOOD CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT WAS IN THAT COFFEE?? A LITTLE BANDY TO KEEP THAM QUIET?

Spiderlady said...

Janyce we are trying really hard to cut back on the Bandy and make our drink of choice Brandy!! hahahah Don't you hate when that happens? Look how I spell eating!! hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

HA, I GUESS MY LITTLE JOKE FELL FLAT. BANDY AND THAM. SORRY, MY MIND SOMETIMES RUNS OFF COURSE.