Wednesday, December 07, 2005

25 Years


Last night was my anniversary party, not mine alone but with about 50 other Steamfitters, that had anniversaries also. I learned a lot of things from this party. One-this was a large group of retired steamfitters (smelly old men) Two-never lament over what you are going to wear to a Union award dinner (flannel shirt with suspenders optional) Three-never ask "How are you?, if you are not prepared to hear in detail about hip replacements, prostrates, emphesema and peeing all night!! Four-no matter what I will always be a rose among thorns in that group!!! I was however very humbled by a woman steamfitter that has been in the trade for 10 years, she is the educational directer after serving an apprenticeship. She came over and Thanked me for breaking ground and making it easier for her. I ....me....was at a loss for words!! I thanked her and my head swelled and I actually felt very special. She is now my new best friend.!!! It was a good time and nice to see a lot of the old timers. Make note of the wonderful "Tie tack" I got!!! any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING 99.9% OF WOMEN WOULD NEVER DO, AND YOU WERE SUCCESSFUL AT IT. I AM VERY VERY PROUD OF YOU. PUT THAT PIN ON ONE OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL HATS.