Monday, December 05, 2005

The Crippler....


The worst part about knitting is after all of the work you put into it the final product looks like crap!!! I am stuck on the Crippler? I put sleeves on and took them off...So for now I have a large, long, vest!!! I kind of like it like a vest...and I am always hot? I am throwing it into the corner...using it as a throw....I guess one of the mistakes we all make is looking at the model wearing the clothing....I really hate to admit it but I am not 6'2" and 125# and while I'm at it, I am not blond and 25 years old either. So what in the hell did I think an oatmeal colored oversized, large stitched, knitted coat would make me look like? Is this a magic coat? Maybe that's it, if I put it on I loose 100# and wrinkles and grow a foot taller. I win the lottery and don't have to work anymore...I build my dreamhome and there is world peace, no hunger in the world and the whole world is laughing....at my coat....maybe? Poor Woolie was the brunt of many jokes for years and now he has a twin...I am not going to knit again? I resign myself to the fact that I shall knit socks and mitts and mundane projects from here on...no more fashion plate...Next Stash bash I'm getting rid of all of my knitting books. Ok so maybe I'm being a little hard on myself...I hear chocolate chip cookies calling me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA, I GUESS THAT IS WHY THEY CALLED THAT THING THE EINSTEIN JACKET, BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO BE EINSTEIN TO FIGURE OUT THAT ANY NORMAL BODY WOULD NOT LOOK LIKE TWIGGY IN IT!!