Friday, July 16, 2010

What age would you be?


While driving Iggy to daycare, the radio had a contest and this woman won and added, I wish I was 39 again. I don't, I like my age, to go back and do it all over again is a tiring thought. Furthermore soon enough I will be crapping my pants and drooling, so it goes full circle. But really, what age would you love to be again? The best years of my life started at 40, I think when a woman hits 40 her life is at it's peak. A mother is pretty much done raising children, your life is, or should be rather settled. You will know by then if you will be a millionaire or averagaire. You become either comfortable in your skin or do something about it. I love my age now, my motto when people comment on my hair is (for those of you that don't know me, is pink, turquiose and purple) For years I have done what I "had"to, now I do what I want to. I get tattoos, because I love art and I get them where I can see them and enjoy them, to me putting a tattoo on my back would require a mirror to see it and there is nothing about a mirror that I am impressed with let alone purposely to look at my backside? No I wouldn't go back, it has been a great journey, i have met so many people and friends, I am happy!!! There is a saying, "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow!!! What a ride!!"

No comments: