Saturday, January 08, 2011

Crocheting my Way!!!

In the shop today, I was asked what stitch I used when I crocheted a shawl many years ago?  Uhhhh  it was a double crochet?
Well when I did the double crochet at home it didn't look like yours?
I don't crochet like anyone else.
How do you do it?  I really like the way it looks.
Thanks I dunno, here I'll show you (taking a crochet hook and whipping the yarn around and catching it through the loop and pulling it through?
(giggling) Do that again.
k
Uhh what stitch is that?
Mine
So I think it is or should be called the embedded double crochet
Why
Because there is no stitch like that but I like the way it looks and I want to knit a shawl using that stitch.
Careful you will reteach yourself and forget how to do it correctly, but then again who says mine is wrong, it works...for me?  Show me how you do it.
like this
hhhmmm I can do that, but crochet hurts my hands
So today I learned to crochet right and showed someone else how to crochet wrong?

No comments: