Sunday, November 01, 2009

Falling Back

Turn back your clocks, it's the mantra for us Midwesterner. Us Farmers that need to work during the daylight hours, to harvest our crops and make hay while the sun shines. No burning the Midnight oil....So since I turn the lights on with a switch now, it always makes me wonder why we are still doing this. Farmers use GPS to do thier field work these days, They don't even leave huge rocks or trees to navigate by anymore, the World has changed. I still wonder why we change the clocks. Is it too screw with our bodies? Is it to make this the longest week in life, till next year, the week that we drag ourselves through, slugging coffee and trying to make our bodies realize we gained an hour, kind of?? Seriously a week of clock watching...isn't it time to leave work yet? Am I late for, whatever? I love the trying to figure out the old time. "If it was 3:00 yesterday what time is it really today?" Did we loose and hour or gain an hour, I'm confused. In case you didn't know this, I woke up this morning at 4:30, I have no idea why, but I am wide awake and alert and refreshed. I am on my second cup of coffee and watching infommercials on TV. I have not bought anything as of yet but my willpower may be going down as the sun is coming up. I had to walk Iggy at 4:30 and 99% of our walks are uneventful and quiet. Iggy isn't a barker until it's 4:30am and people are sleeping. He was sniffing some bushes and something must have moved...of course it was something, it's 4:30 no one is up and milling about. He started barking his head off, all the shusshing in the world was not going to stop him. I was sure I was going to see lights going on in bedrooms all over the Village. As I drag him backwards up the hill, still shusshing, he was intent to keep looking back to find what it was that "moved". Ahhhh this is a great start to a new day!!! Now he is passed out on the couch and I am blogging it.

No comments: