Thursday, August 03, 2006

Mosaic knitting



I have found Mosaic knitting or slip stitch to be a lot of fun, easy but complicated looking. This is a small bag made with 50% soy and 50% silk. The yarn is called Karaoke, I will be teaching this in Spring at Fiberwood Studio. It is really easy and you are only working with one color at a time so there is no carrying all of those different colors. The color repeat on this was very long so I had to do some progressive knitting. In other words I advanced the colors by myself, not through the process of knitting. I have to wash the bag and block it and then add the handle and finishing touches. But I like it, so much that I am doing a scarf which I will show later. It has cooled off here some and it is a welcome relief. My garden or weed bed is pretty weedy and dry. I have some flowers in pots that I actually have been watering and they are doing well. If you want to get a good laugh read the Harlots blog, she explains her hat head and it is too funny. Her mom says it all!!!

No comments: