Saturday, August 09, 2008

To everything there is a Season....


and it is the Season of swearing.....I am knitting on the lace scarf...my %#@&* Olympic Knitting project....I am beginning to think I am a Masochist. Something is wrong with me, when I am only on the 21 st row and have ripped it three times...just two rows but what the heck.....I have counted and counted and blue smoke is billowing above my head and I am questioning just what am I to get out of this besides high blood pressure. Will the World be a better place if I knit Lace? Will children get fed and will there be World Peace??? Hell NO!!!! All I get is frustrated....annoyed....PO'd...I don't get more money, only more gray hair and acid reflux. I am in the kind of mood that I may just knit whatever the heck I feel like, by that I mean, if I am short a stitch, I am just going to add one....who cares I may actually invent a new pattern and it won't look like graceful leaves falling on a warm Autumn day...in a lovely Lavender that oozes touch me. Nope it will look like a mass of crap....add a stitch, drop a stitch....who cares....I will make a new Event for Knitting Olympics called Free form...
Be afraid be very afraid.....I am going to bed....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you have to rip it a million times... it's LACE, for crying out loud.

Martha

Anonymous said...

You just need to curse more. it makes lace knitting better.

Kelly A said...

Sorry to hear you are struggling with your lace project. I remember what it was like as a new knitter totally confussed, scratching my head (which was aching) hearing the ole voice of doubt, knowing that what ever I make will look like a beginners knit project......oh wait that was just yesterday as I worked on the traveling scarf.......
Hang in there :)