Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Slow Hand


I am slowly finishing the Magic Carpet sock. I am not too happy with the way it looks at the top, where the flaps are, it isn't very neat...but it may come out in the wash. I may have to revisit it....later.

Traveling Scarf, if you are interested in joining in on the traveling scarf, you can I hope sign in at this address
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/travelingscarf/
I need you to sign up so we know how many are interested and how many inches we will have to knit, etc. It is a fun knit and will be a beautiful scarf that you will be able to wrap around your neck European style. The yarn is wonderful to knit with and the colors are awesome.

Who turned on the heat? Maybe I dragged it back from vacation??? I know it seems funny but a lot of people are knitting on projects, even though it's hot. My theory on this is...people are cutting back on lots of entertainment things and are staying home more. What this translates into is you need something to do at home. Yes yarn can be expensive, but it is a twofold reward. You get the joy of picking out the yarns to make a project, the fun of making it and the pleasure of wearing it...and reap the compliments. Ok, so that isn't a two fold it's more...but with some knitting know how and picking the right pattern, you can get great satisfaction from a project...for many years.
One of my customers brought in an old Needlework hardcover book. It is hysterical yet classical...some of the patterns are so classic that if you remove the head from the photos and put on a new models head, the dress is in style. I am leaving it on the table to share with everyone it is a flash back moment.

No comments: