Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Pink Bubble Gum


Wow, that is some bubble!!! This is from our Sunday morning bowling game. I am a terrible bowler, but it is fun to just throw the ball around and be a "tard"!! Obviously my son, has inherited the same sense of humor as his mom. Is anybody working on something for Project Spectrum...pink and red this month? I have the intestines done and I did some spinning but not either of those colors..(check previous post). I found out how I lost some brain cells...well one way at least. Today they are calling it "choking", it is a very dangerous game or hobby some kids are getting. They choke themselves till they pass out and when you come to, you get all tingly and woozy. Problem is when you tie something around your neck and you pass out...you die. It's a real buzz? When I was a kid, after spinning around in circles a zillion times, got boreing, I remember someone saying "Hey, if you breath really hard for 10 times and then hold your breath and cross your arms, you faint...oh boy doesn't that sound like fun. I think I tried it once and it didn't work very well, but I do remember the tingling. Being the smart child that I was, I decided to show my mom my new trick...hey mom watch this!!! I passed out all right, I think it was her hand or maybe her shoe that hit me. When I came too, I had a tingling feeling, I think it was numbness from Mommy Dearest demonstrating the choke hold on me, and telling me "How not to ever do that again!!" So...what is old, once again becomes new. I must have been about 11 or 12 when I did this, and my one time "fainting" demo and lecture on what this does to your brain, was enough to scare the crap out of me. I was a dumb kid, very gullible, we didn't have a "Family room" we played in the Living room, in front of our parents. We shared bedrooms, so limited privacy there. We ate dinner together, had one bathroom, a set bedtime. kids now are smarter and have the ability to hide more from working parents. Maybe that's why we didn't get away with this kind of stuff...not that we didn't try. Heck I even showed them what an idiot I was. Hey mom, here's living proof that I'm a dork!!! Talk to your kids, they are better at hiding things than we were. at least than I was....

2 comments:

Spiderlady said...

Send me a photo, unless of course your camera is still in the hospital.

Anonymous said...

I did that fainting thing with the deep breaths and holding your breath. I always got a huge headache but heck that didn't stop me from doing it a few more times. I had a friend that could take one breath hold it and pass out how cool was that? Not!

I spun some pink multi colored stuff at the retreat. Janyce hates it. I hope she likes the sweater I make for her. A stash bash find.