Saturday, February 11, 2006

Todays Aquisitions


So my intentions today were not to buy yarn. It wasn't my fault....I just wanted to "look?" Janyce was the one that made me. What could I do? We were coming home from Wisconsin Handweavers meeting and had a little lunch and I could hear undertones of....yyyy......aaaa....rrrr....nnnnn....!!! I said No!! I am absolutely not going to buy any yarn, no way Janyce you can't make me. So we ventured into Fiberwood Studio and as I approached the counter I put my hand on a hat someone knit, out of a pretty blue....Alpaca? No it is Merino. It is so soft and wonderful and as I breathed a heavy sigh, and my fingers softly caressing the yarn and my eyes possibly glassing over...Barb grinned and pointed over to the shelves filled with Malabrigo, in beautiful colors that made me drool....my hands were running from one skein to another, and then, there it was....A warning sign..."Touch at your own risk!!!" Oh no it was too late...what could I do, as I was dropping skeins, and my plastic, running to the checkout. Barb was calmly smiling as she asked...Debit or Credit, Jan? Dammit Janyce!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure, sure, just call me the enabler! I have big shoulders! Now, if all this were true, there would have been a big fat piece of chocolate cake that went with that yarn! Hey, good idea, maybe then I would get that green hat!!!!!!!