Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hell day!!!


Did I mention I was on vacation? Did I mention that just because I wasn't going anywhere I didn't want to have to do plumbing all week. Or unvoluntary sewing for someone else that I don't know? The day started out Ok, except I knew my drain was plugged and put some stinking Liquid Plumber down it before I went to bed. Put more down before I went to Madison, did some visiting and got a call from a friend of mommy dearest. Hi Jan your mom said you could sew these pants for me....did she now? hhhhhmmmmm maybe mummy can sew them for you....steam rising off of Jan....I will call you back...later!!!! I came home to a still plugged sink. So off to the hardware store where I bought all kinds of "better" liquid to throw down and I did and then I heard the water piddling on the floor...sure enough I rotted the pipe...dammit. So trip #2 to the Hardware store...Hi Jan...back again? Yup!!!! So now I am buying pipes and glue and fittings....oh how exciting...oopss trip #3 Jan we close in an hour...I will be done by then...I hope...and I won't be back...till tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Plumbing is by far my least favorite household issue to deal with. It's never a good thing when you have to plumb anything. I think I had to dump 4 or 5 bottles of the Liguid Plumr professional gel crap dowm my basement utility sink when we bought the house. The previous owner apparently did not believe in the lint catcher sock at the end of her washer drain hose..all that lint trapped in the pipes. Then when the house was on the market the water was off, so I am sure it turned to cement when it dried in there. Good times!

Anonymous said...

TIME FOR CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see steam rising in the south west! Here's an idea, have mom pay for the plumber while you sew the pants.

Anonymous said...

Only 3 trips to the hardware store, not bad, I usually score 4 or more. Jancye's idea isn't half bad. Tell mommy dearest to use those narily old fingers and pry open her wallet and let the moths out of her wallet to pay for the plumber. Maybe she will think twice about volunteering you.