Saturday, February 25, 2006

My Vacation..


Day One- I went to Weavers Guild meeting, cleaned house
Day Two-Cleaned house somemore made Italian sausage in Tomato sauce..(make note of this tomato sauce) Had the Olympic Party and a good time was had by all.
Day Three-Talked on the phone, did pretty much nothing, did some knitting...good day!!!
Day Four-Planned on getting new faucets for the bathroom and kitchen, took mom to Motor Vehicle and out for dinner. Went to Krosha to knit with the group.
Day Five-Went to the washtubs in the basement to get water to rinse paintbrushes and noticed something orange in the sink? hhhmmmm looks like spagetti sauce....sure is spagetti sauce, but I rinsed the dishes upstairs? Ok get the Liquid Plumber and pour down sink..now you know when this started!!!! I used my super duper Pampered chef grease mop to take the grease off of the top of the sausage and of course with very hot water rinsed the mop....that was Sunday. Ok so pour more grease cutter down the drains. make note:grease mop is in garbage and I use paper toweling to sop the grease from here on.
Day Six-I have plans to visit a friend so pour more junk down the sink and I leave very early. While I am out, my mother volunteers me to do some of her friends mending..the friend calls me and I don't commit...I seethe!!! Come home the sink is still plugged and now the pipe is leaking. Off to the hardware store to buy pipe and fittings and more s*#@t. I have the piping done by 8:00pm but the plug is still there.
Day Seven-Up early pour more junk down the sink, go to the hardware store. Buy faucets one for the bathroom too. The one in the kitchen has decided to spring a leak on the cheap ass chrome covered plastic...why not!!! I also buy a 30' long snake to shove into the crappy drain. I come home and empty all the junk from under the sink take the cleanout apart I cut the tie wraps on the snake and it is spring loaded and whips me in the face..oh the words out of my mouth...let the games begin....I proceed to shove the snake deeper and deeper into the bowels of the sewer pipe. I think it is reaching out to the road by now so I slowly pull it back wiping off the black unknown crap that is hanging on it. I have this nasty thing by the neck and out the back door it goes into the snow...just in case it has to make another appearance. Mission accomplished, now the faucet...that is a breeze. I am done...skip the bathroom faucet for now...my back is killing me.
Day Eight-Run water down my clean drain and trust I can wash clothes....I do, it drains I'm back in business. I am making lasagne and I fear an orange wash tub again...It all seems Ok!!! Life is good, I need to go back to work for rest!!!
I did some spinning today....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR THE GREAT OLYMPIC PARTIES!! It was tons of fun!

Lois said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful parties and being out team leader!! You did a great job and the food was so very good!! Wow! The metals were wonderful!!! Thank you for all your hard work Janny. You out did yourself and with all the plumbing problems too! Attta girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jan. Do you hire out as a plumber? I could use a good one. Haven't had a really good one since Larry O. died. Did you get the sewing done? Seems my kids offer my services like that - guess it keeps me young!? You really had an eventful vacation!
Joan