Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Loving Frank

I just finished listening to "Loving Frank" by Nancy Horan. I really liked it, I can tell when I like a book by my can't wait to listen attitude. Frank Lloyd Wright has always interested me anyway, he is truly an architectural genius. He is also a jerk, but I think that came with the territory. This story is told from Maemas, his mistress's view and you can see why she fell in love with her and how he really loved her. She was a woman ahead of her time in a era when woman were supposed to shut up and raise the children. She was an independent thinker, I can relate to that. I really enjoyed listening to it and recommend it, of course you will know the ending.
I am working on Lucy Neatby's Paintbox scarf, it is holding my attention..score!! I love color gamps and have all of the yarn to weave one, I just need to find the pattern I am searching for to do it. The one I am knitting I plan on wearing, the one I weave I am planning on putting on my wall.
I have the framing stuff to frame my Poppy painting, but I need to try to photograph it first to see if I can make copies to print. I have a lot on my plate this week. Today is my Art class, I am working on a Matisse. Wed. is knitting at Fixx, Thursday is the Opening at Fiberwood Studio of the Fiber Art challenge "Changes" I will be there as will wine and snacks. You are invited!!

No comments: