Thursday, October 25, 2007

Can you say Wired????


I just want to thank those of you that said "Oh no you don't have to shave your legs, they don't put electrodes on your legs, it's all over your head!!!" AAhhhhhhh guess what? The first electrodes went on my calves with fur!!! I bought into what you said and even reassured myself that , why would they put something on your legs? Ha, they did and it was a guy too!!! By the way I am talking about a sleep study I had last night. Sleepless study you might say? How can you really sleep knowing that they are "watching you ". And above your head is this Infared light and a microphone!!! My first question was "What if I have to go pee? he reassured me that he could remove the set of 30 wires for me to pee!!!! It took my a 1/2 hr. to get wired up and I didn't want to go through all that again. So I did Ok, I missed watching the new on TV because he told me I had to go to sleep!! Hey I watch the news and then sleep!!! I guess lights out is lights out. I did fall asleep but then I hear a voice say...Jaaannn, turn onto your back now..huh? I can't sleep on my back and you woke me up!!! So after playing shuffle with my legs, first knees up and then down and up and I think I got tired and fell asleep. Then in he walks with the "Mask" oh boy, I knew it, but I thought I was sleeping Ok? No he said you are snoring, of course I am snoring I AM ON my back with my mouth hanging open, you're supposed to snore!!! So he straps the apparatus on and I look like an elephant and make the sound of one and he isn't thinking this is funny, I must have woke him up. So now I am liking this cool moist air being inhaled and fall to sleep like a little lamb. Jaaannnnn you must move your finger it isn't working? Oh for crying out loud, I had the finger sensor wrapped around so I could lay my arm out straight and I dislodged the sensor.....Let me sleep!!! This is the Sleep Clinic!!! I guess I am going to be joining the Darth Vader club. We'll find out in a couple of weeks, I'm too tired now to think about it!!!

No comments: