Wednesday, November 07, 2007

My biggest Fear


Ok, so besides snakes it is numbers. We don't have a very comfortable relationship. I hate them and they do their best to intmidate me. But, being a shop owner, I have to deal with numbers. I approach bookwork like I used to do homework, no I didn't avoid it totally but I could have. I have to have a little game....it goes something like this. If I finish this months data entry, I can weave after, or start another project or have cake or something I enjoy. Then again if I get too bored with the numbers, I do it anyway, but seriously I know it has to be done. In my fears that I won't do it right, I keep track of everything, I am meticulous in keeping records, I may not have them accountant ready but I have them. Yesterday my new CPA stopped over. I have warned this quiet numerical force, that I am not number savvy. She is very reassuring, and quite calm, she sits at my desk, (which I took all the crap off and shoved on a chair so I looked competant!!!) She brings up Quick books like a Mac pro and doesn't gasp? No breaking into laughter, no serious tears....hhhhmmmm? I ask her if she would like some coffee, Please speak to me? She looks at the numbers and says not bad, let's see what we can do here. Ok, she finds all kinds of dandy little things that did or didn't report??? She mentioned that I will be able to balance my check book when we get this straightend out? I chuckled .....my previous balancing of checkbooks, consisted of changing banks every couple of years. I have homework, and she has shown me some tips, but all in all she didn't leave screaming and gouging her eyes out. I think I like her and her number brain. She is a soft, kind wonderful woman...she didn't holler at me. I got a gold star for keeping good records it's just where I entered them that is a tad baffeling. From here on I will do a better job in order to make her job easier and me from visiting the crowbar hotel. No knitting for a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tell her we will knit her anything she wants for being number smart and not mocking those who are not so.

That is fabulous! Balancing a checkbook, WTF is that? LOL