Monday, November 26, 2007

My deepest apologies.


You know how when someone dies they say, I think they knew they were going to die? The last few weeks, for some reason I have been reminincing, nostalic and somewhat melancoly. I have tried to call old friends and they have stopped in. I have told my son things that were, loving!!! Then, there it was this flash of "What the heck, am I one of those that knows they are dying?", well that all past I think it is the Holidays, or the fact that my life is perfect and can that be? But a lingering thought is this, I may be responsible for my whole neighborhood of kids being ill ? I was the one that exposed them to so many chemicals, if they don't have some horrible enviromental disease it's a miracle. I don't keep in contact with any of them but if by chance they read this blog...I'm sorry!!! We were all victims of our youth!!! Unsuspecting victims....Who knew that while I was breaking any thermometer in sight to get the Mercury out and show everyone how cool it is to try to touch it, and letting everyone touch it because of course I looked like a Houdini or Magician to them, I was endangering our lives. DDT, my grama had this really cool pump thing full of bug killer that we would spray around and at each other, you pulled the T-bar back and pushed it quick and it sprayed a mist of toxic fumes. How about Asbestos, my dad had a sheet of asbestos in his workshop, he made the error of showing me how it doesn't burn....hhhhmmm a book of matches and a corner of asbestos, I was the coolest kid, as I ripped a piece with everyone bending in to watch this magic show, making sure we all breathed it in, and then the match, holding it to the corner of the paper, it didn't burn!!! I scored again. Lead....are you getting the trend here, maybe my parents wanted us dead? My brother had lead soldiers, hell with the green army men we had lead guys from WWI, I think they had that kind of helmut on. We would play with them and found how soft the metal was, and this was where we demonstrated our Brut strength by bending the metal guns back so they would shoot themselves, and giggle at how funny this was. Again a neighborhood favorite. I then grew up to work in a Nuclear Power Plant and got nuked regularly, to the point of glowing!
Mercury,
DDT
Asbestos
Lead
Radiation
...so that I have lived to be 54, so far I am cancer free, maybe I knew something the Drs. don't "Over Exposure"

No comments: