Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Saturdays Cover Vets!!!


I just wanted to remind everyone that this Saturday is the Cover Vets, charity event. We will be taking polar fleece and making lap robes for the Veterans at Woods (Zablocki). Bring a snack if you like and whatever you are drinking. I will provide Sloppy Joes to the volunteers. Bring a good scissors too. This requires no sewing, we will have stations set up so we can switch positions, or tasks. There will be cutting, fringing and tying. Please come and do a little good for a Veteran.
I am working diligently on my top down cardigan. Because I am not so petite it takes me about an hour to do one row. Just like I said when I demo spinning. If I had to make all my clothes from scratch, I probably would be thinner. Maybe? I got bored with the plain knitting, stockinette so I added a half cable twist every couple of rows, this added some interest and makes the sweater less boring. My next project will be the Alice's wondercoat.
Tonight I am going to a retirement party for one of the guys I used to work with. I can't wait to see everyone but, it is in a smokey bar. I have been having migranes for the last three days and I will have to shove mentholated chapstick up my nose and see how long I will last. It sucks. On smoking in public, my theory is, if the public smoking places would have taken the problem into their own hands and installed super duper smoke eatters, so you wouldn't smell the smoke so bad, I don't think the government would have had to step in and stop smoking totally. I have bad asthma and smoke and febreeze/dryer sheets and perfume are major triggers for me. I avoid these situations, most of my friend understand how badly perfume causes me to have migranes/asthma attacks and they understand. I try to avoid the situations where I am exposed to the triggers, but sometimes you just can't. I found if I shove menthol in my nostrils, it can help a bit. So if you are sitting by me and I have a tube of chapstick up my nose, please just understand I am avoiding some trigger that is dangerous to my health. I am assuming tonight I will have two of them up my nose, not to mention, I am wearing something I can take off by the door and hang outside.
So get this visual, two tubes of chapstick shoved up my nose, running naked into the back door and jumping into the shower. Now I am rethinking this, is it really worth seeing everyone???? I may just not be going at all????

No comments: