Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Uninvited Guest


Even though a lot of you are waiting for the Cruise update...I am obliged to bring you this rare sighting. Sitting and knitting hats for Charity on Sunday, there was a loud chirping bird. Kim was in the process of saying "Man that bird is really loud?" when it wasn't only loud it was in the store. Hanging off of the flower vine on the wood beam near the ceiling. Faced with the idea of trying to keep Joey "my dog" which is behind a gate from going balistic, and getting the bird out of the store without pooping from fright...I grabbed the flyswatter and started towards it. I felt kind of bad, maybe she was shopping for nest lining? All the wonderful colors, who could resist....was it Alpaca she was craving? Then reality set in and she was probably following the trail of crumbs from the door. For whatever reason she felt she had to visit, she left just as quickly, there was no shooing, no swatting, she just came to visit. Best of all no pooping!!!! Side note here..I thought way back into my "wives tale" history, that I remember something about a bird entering the house, so I looked it up, so this is pretty much how all of those old sayings go....it has two meanings, one good, one bad. Before anyone emails me with the grim news I will put it in writing. It means a death in the house? How nice is that? I vote for Joey....no offence dawg but if one of us has to go...see ya!!!! Second which of course I prefer to choose is, it is dead relative visiting. My luck it would be my mean grama, trying to peck my head. I'd be thinking it was just a mom looking for some soft pretty lining for her home. Happy Fourth of July!!!

No comments: