Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I don't want to knit lace!!!!


I am having a love hate relationship with this mystery shawl....this morning, and, I like to work on it in the morning, fresh and awake....so this morning I redid the same row 3 times trying to figure out where I had a mistake. All of a sudden it was gone? Mystery shawl it is???? I am not an obsessor over counting stitches. I am seeing the pattern finally, or at least the pattern I am making??? Angela is doing the shawl too and hers looks nothing like mine. I think it's because she knits tighter, but I will not go down another needle size, won't, can't, don't want to, I am on size 2 now. I prefer to use chunky yarn and size 10 needles so this is my challenge. I like instant gratification....who doesn't? I know I am ahead of myself for the August Knit fest but I think this is what challenges me most and so what if I am ahead of the game, I certainly won't be ahead for long. If ever. I am also working on two different socks, the first picture didn't show up very well but the second one did, it is crook and heart. By the time I finish it will need two by pass surgeries....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember my Knitting Olympics Mansweater? I finally tossed it out around a month ago. I hated the stinky yarn and it was just miserable work, so I took the needles out and just tossed the whole stupid thing right in the trash.
So liberating.
I love the concept of the sweater, though, so I think I will swatch some variations and make a smaller size, on larger needles with bgger yarn..after swatching!

Angela said...

It's looking good, jannie. I have a few things I need to finish before I pick it up again. Plus I got the 7 foot loom and easel. Of course, I had to try it out. It takes up half my living room. I twisted my knee going back and forth on it. Thank God for stick on heating pads & Tasha's left over pain meds.

Angela

chipper said...

Hey, if you get to start early, then we get to start early, and then there will be total anarchy. They'll take away our tickets and we'll just be crazy fiber folk hanging out at the store again! :)