Sunday, June 10, 2007

World Wide Knit in Public Day






Thanks to all of the knitters that supported WWKIP day!!! For the first time event, on my end, I think it was a success!!! We had about 20 knitters of all ages, participating at different times of the day!!! We had children knitting, not a scarf either but a shrug with sleeves!!! A teenager working on a tank top for summer and adults with various projects from baby sweaters to lace edgeing. We had a good time of course, when have you ever gotten any group of woman together and NOT had a good time. Unless of course it's a family of woman preparing a dinner in a crowded kitchen? We met some new knitters and a bunch of old friends!! Thank you to everyone. Hopefully we will do it again next year!!
The photographer came at 10:30am, and there was only two of us, so my neighbor the potter, was visiting and I made her sit down and knit with us. I did say Lisa is a Potter, not a knitter, I tossed here some circular needles with a cuff I am knitting on them, to use as a prop. Being the good sport that she is, she takes them and starts clicking them together like she is trying to start a fire!!! Then she realizes they are connected and tells me I gave her "idiot" needles? I didn't know what she meant, she says "Whats with this string tying them together?" Ohhhh idiot needles? I gently explained while laughing my head off that they were circular needles and not together so you don't lose them....that was the start of our day!!! Thanks again to everyone!

No comments: