Friday, June 15, 2007

Probation


This is what is on probation. The "Shop" dog, not to be mistaken as the "Top" dog which she really thinks she is....so we are doing some peg knocking down and she is on my S list. We went on our usual walk Wed. morning, in our usual manner and there is a woman that runs with her little Toto like dog named Harley. Harley and Joey had instant hate from the first time they smelled each other so I was prepared. I latched the leash to not only the harness but her collar to keep her tight under my command...eh hem!! So as I try to block Joeys view of Harley that is fully extended to greet Joey with his teeth bared and barking, "Precious" pulls a Houdini act and flips out of both collar and harness to attack big mouth Harley!! The woman freaks (as I would) picks Harley up with Joey grabbing at any limb that looks like a freshly roasted chicken drummy. Harley of course has not let up with his verbal attack and this is firing up my little darling. All this while I am screaming and trying to grab the spinning dervish that has become a trio of the woman, Harley and Joey!!! I finally grab her neck skin and try with all abandonment to get her leash on her, meanwhile apologizing profusely and hoping to all ends that there is only fur and not blood. My hands were shaking so badly (happens when I get mad) and the woman says He is alright and we probably should not take the same walks, (Oh really, what was it about this that you didn't like?) I remained very complaicent to avoid a huge law suit. I put Precious on her back and do some major gutteral growling and this is the beginning of her probation. She meekly walks home, and I put her prayer box around her neck (electronic trainer) turn it on and it beeps!!! I at this point will admit, I never have shocked her because it is way to scary for me and I am a pushover .....but a that moment, I would have made her dance on her tippy toes with glee, I was so mad. I didn't , I just use the beep and the feeling of this heavy box under her neck was enough to make her behave .....very well .....all day!! Minimal barking too.....so now we walk with the prong collar, a short leash and a bad attitude. Day three and she is still trying to remember she is not Alpha....just Joey!!!

No comments: