Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bunny Ears



Many of my friends and my son's friends for that matter, know the story of the Bunny Ears. For years, probably 18 years, at Easter I would, like a good mother that I was.... make my son an Easter basket. I would get it all prepared and decorated and set it out, and then sit on the couch and the Chocolate Rabbit would call me...."Janny.....Janny....taste me....just a little!" I would turn my head away and try to think of other things. I could see it taunting me...."Come here....just a little..try my ear...so I would..saunter over to the basket and hold the chocolate bunny in my hand and smell it's fine aroma....tickling my nose with it's alluring scent. Soon it would start to melt...oh no...so with one quick swipe of my jaws off went the ears. Honest I couldn't help it....now what, two gaping holes in the rabbits head....leering at me? So I did what all good mothers would do invent a new tradition...Easter Squirrels!! I would fill the cavity with jelly beans ...yeah that's it...it looks good to me!!! So for many years 18 to be almost exact...I just knew my dear son would have an Easter Squirrel by morning. So a friend walks into the shop just giggling....In her hand she has some candy bars. Kit Kat has made a candy bar for all of us mothers that get caught up with Easter and rip their childrens Ears off of their bunnies...Rabbit Ears!!! So for this Easter I bought 18 years worth of Bunny Ears for my son in penance for all of the years of him not getting to eat them. I also confessed "Sorry, there is no Easter Squirrel"

1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh I am so going to the store tomorrow. Kit KaTS ARE MY FAV:)